Viewing Cherry blossoms together.   Wonderful members have exceeded 2,000. July 15, 2012.  Thank you very much for joining us.  I love you.

Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Colour" Japanese calligraphy



"" (shiki, or iro). It is translated as colour, shade, beauty, expression, etc.
This character is written by Kanzi,
Regular script.

Etymology : hieroglyph or Semantic
(man, person)  +   (kneel)

The state that a person is piled up, and have sex.
From sexual intercourse, It passed through the features, the complexion and reached a general meaning.

"Shiki" In the Buddhism, this meaning expresses all the material phenomena that are an object of the recognition.

This letter expresses very human essence.

9 comments:

  1. A very interesting character, reminds me of the one you draw before, the 'pa' in Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como siempre...original y bonitas. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colour is something I need so much at the moment!Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've awarded you a Sunshine Award. Check the details on my blog and feel free to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because of brush, two same characters aren't never the same.
    I like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this character very much.
    It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each has its own essence. I'm learning so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the beautiful flowers--exactly what we need right now in our place. Thanks for the calligraphy lessons, too.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another lesson I like your art.


    Laby[mens dress shirt]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my blog,
and enjoying precious time with me.